Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Falling Apart

Whew! Another day done. Seems all I do these days is run, run, run, but I have decided I am not alone in this crazy life we live in. Today my right hip is hurting?? Isn't that something for old folks? I am only 55. But to some people, wow, she's 55 and that's pretty old. But to me, I should still be 35. 55 is still an age that sounds as if it only belongs to others. Anyway, about 4 weeks ago, I got a sharp, searing pain in my lower back. I don't think I did something in particular to cause it, it just CAME. Three weeks of countless visits to the chiropracter, one visit to my GP and a serious injection of cortisone in my lower back later, and I was up moving again. Back to my old self for about a week and pow, here comes something new. This is ridiculous.

Go to the dentist for a regular cleaning and HE determines I have an old filling that needs to be replaced. So make another appointment and back I go. $195.00, another needle or two, and at least my mouth is back to normal.

Woke up this morning with a splitting headache and the whole side of my face is hurting. Feels like a sinus infection or some such nonsense. Got up, did some OTC drugs and it went away after a couple of hours.

The sick list is a little long for me. It is 10:30 p.m. now. I worked today, took Mom to the grocery during my lunch time, took her to church tonight and am ready for bed. Ooh, ooh, pinch myself, am I dreaming? NOTHING is hurting. Maybe I AM 35 again after all. Sleep well, tomorrow is another day.

No comments: