Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mama Mia !!




This is going to sound like a movie review to most of you, but for me it was just a GREAT night out with girlfriends. I laughed and cried and left the movie with a really good feeling. I think all ladies of my generation should make the effort to see this movie, and if you can take your daughters with you, even better.






No, I did NOT have any illegitimate children nor did I raise my two children not knowing who their father was, so I do NOT relate to Meryl Streep in that way in this movie, but wow, she is the oldest lady I know that can still move like that. She just seems to get better with age. I am definitely going to make a committment to act crazier, if that's at all possible. Life is short, and getting shorter. On Facebook the other night, I did actually change my status to read that I was at home alone and singing out loud. Good for me.






Christine Baranski has long been a favorite actress of mine. She is just beautiful and is so hilarious in this movie. I want to be just like her when I grow up. And Pierce Brosnan, well, he was Pierce Brosnan. WOW, he's still got it and must be in his sixties, too.






What I came away with was reinforcement that I am "right on". People may think I do not always act my age and I say, "good for me", I am living my life.....

2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

I'll go see it, thanks for the review.

Unknown said...

I think your crazy. *sigh* Can I be like you when I grow up?