Monday, July 14, 2008

Mondays




Mondays have for many years now, been the bane of my existence. I dread the day upon awakening, knowing that all those problems cropping up over the weekend, whether real or imagined, will be brought to my attention as soon as my arrival is noted at work. It never lets up and in fact, on many Mondays, seems to create more work than was there initially. Nevertheless, I trudge through it and Monday always manages to draw to a close and I realize that I have survived it yet again, amazingly. Payroll is first, unless something unbeknownst to me, jumps ahead in line, which is often the case. After payroll are the reports; a myriad of reports to generate ABOUT the aforementioned payroll. People to deal with and more people to deal with. And, of course, the telephone that never stops ringing on a Monday morning. Usually a funeral has been scheduled for Monday morning since most folks will put that off. The main reason for that particular item of note is the difference in cost. Cemeteries charge an exorbitant amount of money to bury folks on the weekend. NOBODY wants to work on the weekend, but they WILL, for a fee, of course. I heard you chuckle, but yes, for a fee you can get just about anybody to do just about anything. Hence the Monday morning funerals. Okay, it IS Monday, I AM at work and I do NOT have time to blog. I'm coming, I'm coming......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know, I believe you about peolpe doing anything for money. Money will in the end be the downfall of humanity, me thinks.

Im sorry you hate Mondays, I wish I could offer up some "REASON" why you shouldnt, but I cant. I hate them too...

I think from now on, on Monday morning.. we should get up a little early, just so we have a extra minute to flip off the calendar as we walk by to make our coffee...