Monday, September 14, 2009

Catching Up

Like the rest of the world, I have been so busy with LIFE lately that I haven't even been blogging with any regularity at ALL.  I'm just gonna play "catch-up" a little tonight and hit some high spots.

Black Angus 2

I know you'll all be as thrilled as I was to learn that my younger brother is switching over to Black Angus cows from whatever kind of cows he had before :)  Okay, he's pretty proud so let's give a big shout-out here.

Rodney

I got to visit with my older brother for about 15 whole minutes (okay, that's an exaggeration) when he brought Mom home from her little week-long trip with the boys earlier.  I miss him but when he's here he has so little time.  Of course, my working at the funeral home when he's here doesn't help with the visiting part much.

Hot August Blues 2009 006 

I DID manage to get my hands on a set of bunk beds for my spare, spare room so when the kids some again we'll have a couple more beds.  Wayne put them together for me.  There was a bag of screws and nuts and "man things" that I had just been looking at for a week or two.  I WAS going to tackle that project someday, really.

Hot August Blues 2009 042 Hot August Blues 2009 057Hot August Blues 2009 056

THEN I went to the coolest cook-out/party of the year.  Don't ask me who these folks really are, cause I really don't know, but they are friends of David and Barbie and I got an invite.  Best bluegrass picking I've heard in YEARS!  And it was seriously in the country.  Had a great time with many new friends and lots of good food.  Wow, having grown-up kids sure have great benefits! 

No comments: