Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I don't usually post a "Thankful Thursday" but this week I am especially thankful to be blessed with two fabulous brothers! My brother Wayne (in the blue shirt) came to visit last weekend and took Mom back home with him for a few days to northern Indiana. Then yesterday he took her to my other brother's house in southern Illinois. Rodney (in the black) will be bringing her home this weekend. I absolutely love and cherish all the time I get to spend with Mom now that she is older, but she is not well. Alzheimer's is stealing her away from us. But I feel blessed to have such caring brothers who took time out of their busy lives to give me an emotional break.
Today is my day off as I will be working this Labor Day weekend and it is a busy day. I am baking a cake right now as one of the men who work for me at the funeral home lost his Dad this morning. This will be my only opportunity to bake for them.
My heart is heavy for Jimmy and his family in the loss of his Dad this morning and also for another friend of mine who lost her Grandaddy this morning. I will have a very busy weekend at work but am happy to be caring for families I love.
I have laundry to do, the cake in the oven, errands to run and a zillion other things to get done in one day so off I scoot!

No comments: