Sunday, September 13, 2009

Flag Football Days !

Anticipation ran high as I woke up to a beautiful Saturday morning and loaded the car for a 2 1/2 hour drive to see my Tristin play in his first flag football game this year.  He played last year, but at 5 yrs. old, I don't think he ever really got the "hang" of it.  Wow, what a difference a year makes!  His Mom told me he got out of bed and started studying plays (without prodding).  Now I don't profess to know much about football, but I DO know lots about little grandsons.  He is not big, but he is fast.  Don't even know what position he plays, but I know he's the one they hand the ball off to and I know he can run like the wind.  He scored THREE touchdowns!  (Well, okay, he really scored four, but they only counted three of them.)  See, things like penalties I don't understand.

Hot August Blues 2009 008 This is the old shirt coming off and the new going on.  Thanks to Veolia Water for sponsoring his team this year.

Hot August Blues 2009 012Coach Dad helping get things adjusted a little here.

Hot August Blues 2009 017

And we're ready for some action.  His Mom took lots of touchdown and flag-taking pictures and I'm not going to put them here, but you get the picture.  We all had such a great time and I'm just sorry I'll be working next Saturday and won't get to see him play.  Sometimes life just doesn't seem fair.

Hot August Blues 2009 022 

Cousin Sydney came to watch !

Hot August Blues 2009 023

No comments: