Saturday, July 18, 2009

Super Saturday at Home!

What a fabulous "do-nothing" but do EVERYTHING day this turned out to be. The temperature was low as well as the humidity which made for a great day to work in the yard. This spring has been so hectic for me that I procrastinated about yard work and finally got started today.
I did go to Lowe's and fill up the car with four burning bushes and three or four more things to add to my landscape plan.
Okay, this "plan" just kind of happened but my yard is beautiful, even if I am the only one who thinks so. I deadheaded peonies and daylilies, pulled weeds and did my plantings. Everything looks better but it's still got a long way to go.
Mom and Belle came over for a while this afternoon and she helped fold clothes (I hadn't done laundry since returning from the beach). Belle and Mr. Sophie are still NOT friends. Go figure.
THEN while I was nowhere to be found, a huge box of tomatoes "appeared" on my garage steps with three gorgeous sunflowers atop it! I have a clue who brought them, but HOW KIND! Now I know what I'll be doing Sunday afternoon instead of the ritualistic Baptist Sunday afternoon nap (canning tomatoes). I have not canned any yet this year so this will be my first batch. I have run completely out and can hardly cook without them :)
As I was leaving to take Mother home, a neighbor from across the street came and brought me a big bag of fresh peaches! He was hinting at a peach cobbler, so I offered to make him one tomorrow afternoon. The only problem is, once a long time ago, I told him if he didn't stop feeding me he'd have to marry me. NOW I CAN'T make him stop bringing me food. That is too funny.
The little girl at the top of this post was just a teaser......shhhhh, I'm going to bed now.

No comments: