Friday, July 31, 2009

Pool Day With A New Friend!

The rain FINALLY stopped long enough for us to enjoy a pool day! The kiddos have been waiting and waiting to have a day to play all day in the pool. I was thankful to arise to a sunny day today! Tristin got up not long after I did, but I finally let him wake Sydney up around noon. These kids play hard and sleep hard. After another pound of bacon for breakfast they headed out to the deck and made a "tent" with an old blanket and played for a while with that while I put in a load of laundry and cleaned up breakfast. Then it was swimsuit time!
A friend of mine was gracious enough to bring her 5, almost 6 year old, C.J., over to play this afternoon and they had a great time with their new friend! C.J.'s mom, Rebecca, brought a watermelon and the kids even "created" a slip 'n slide with the float. They would go from the hot tub to the pool to the hot tub and back again.

C.J. is such a friendly little guy and makes friends easily wherever he goes.

My friend Gail stopped by and visited for a bit. I hadn't seen her in several days and it's always nice to catch up. Sophie adores her while (s)he only tolerates me. Gwen joined us for a while and brought a beautiful raincoat she thought I should buy from Buck's 75% off sale that starts tomorrow. It's MINE....

The kids had a great day playing hard and I enjoyed catching up with friends. I'm afraid I let them play too long. The sunscreen worked wonders as no one has a sunburn at all. The chlorine burns are a tell-tale sign that I let them stay too long, though. Hopefully they will be better by morning as I have to return them to their parents tomorrow. I am already missing them.

No comments: