Monday, December 22, 2008

A Christmas Visit

Me and Lynn



Today my friend Lynn and her family came to visit. What makes this visit so special is that I really don't remember the last time I had seen her. She used to live here in Hopkinsville in my neighborhood and actually even worked for me for a short time! We became fast friends even though I am about 10 years older than her.

Then a year or two ago her husband got a much better job and they moved to her home state of Georgia. We communicate almost daily through Facebook, but it is not the same as a hug.


I got an extra added treat in that she brought her husband Tim and two children Josh and Mara along for the visit. Tim's parents live here so they were back for a Christmas visit with them.Mara East

Josh East

After coaxing them into trying my homemade peanut brittle and some cake with coffee, we spent some time catching up on news from around here. They all seem to be doing so well and seem so happy and settled in their new home.

Josh is off at his first year of college and Mara is a very intelligent high school sophomore. She has just turned 16 and is driving.

It was just great for them to be here, even if only for a couple of hours this afternoon.

After they left, I set about to make homemade vegetable soup on this frigid Kentucky day. Will be good tonight (and tomorrow) !

Yes, I got my afternoon call from my April. She shared with me her Christmas "buys" for her husband Bruce, plans for my granddaughter Kristin's slumber birthday party in January (I need to call her as April says she wants me to be there and I CAN'T). I hate to disappoint my family in any way, but I will be back at work and absolutely not able to be away. Wish me luck with that, and that a 13, almost 14 year old can truly understand.

I am smelling the aroma of some wonderful, warming vegetable soup and am on my way after it!

No comments: