Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Quiet Christmas Eve

It truly was a quiet Christmas Eve at my house. Had a solitary dinner guest (who cooked for ME) and a gift exchange afterwards.

Thinking of where my family is tonight. It seems they are scattered to the winds, but all with purpose.

My son and his family are celebrating with his in-laws in Magnolia, KY tonight.

My daughter and her husband are battling a serious leak in their kitchen with water, water everywhere. Doesn't matter to Santa, he still knows where they live.

Mother went to my niece's home today and will stay through dinner tomorrow. My brother Rodney is battling the weather and traffic to get there by morning. Hope and pray he travels safely.

My other brother Wayne is at home still recuperating from a "delicate" surgical procedure. I think his son and grandchildren will be there tomorrow.

Now I know where everyone is and peaceful sleep will find me soon. Remembering my Dad tonight on my first Christmas without him in many years. Christmas changes for me from year to year but most important is that we remember what we are celebrating and why. Next comes the children and their joy and awe.

Sleep well, my blogging friends and Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments: