Thursday, December 18, 2008

Yikes! December 18 Already!

f
I can hardly believe it is so deep into December and I am such a poor blogger! My children and grandchildren came last weekend and we had our "Christmas at Mimi's" house. It was great fun, as always. I guess they actually have THREE Christmases. One at my house early, then one at their other grandparents and then the BIG SANTA comes. I, of course, do this early since they live away and I want them ALL here at the same time.

Since my back surgery in November and a slow healing, I hadn't cooked much at all, but made up for it by baking lots of cookies and making candy, even dog treats for my granddogs. The recipe is simple and the dogs LOVE them. If you're interested, here it is.

2 cups flour
1 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter

Mix well and roll out to about 1/4 inch thick. Use cookie cutter for shapes and bake on well-greased cookie sheet until browning, appox. 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees. No, I'm not tasting them but like I said, Copper, Sunny, Sam and Jake love them!

While the kids were here, our town sponsors a "Polar Bear Express" event in downtown Hopkinsville, and they all love it. Santa was there and he read the story of Polar Bear Express. The youngest three, Tristin, Sydney and Hayden were totally involved with him!

So now, the bulk of my Christmas is over, the kids are back home and I focus on Mother and getting her through the first Christmas without Dad. She is severely depressed and not feeling well, so I have a job to do. My brother Rodney will be here and that will be a big help. She may even go to my niece's house for dinner on Christmas and that would be great!

Going to bed but I will try to get into this blogging as a routine............



No comments: