Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mardi Gras Party on Valentine's Day

Friends Enjoying the Food
Sam and Scott
Our Entertainment


Coolest King Cake Ever


The Jester
Wins the Prize for Best-Dressed



Just the "girls"
(Polly's in the Middle )


These are just a few random pictures from the party last night. Those of you who are my facebook friends have already seen them, though.
It was a lot of people, a lot of food and a great time.
There ARE a few interesting stories to tell, though. My friends Mike and Gail had neighbors who had to move away a year or so ago and they were so close that they referred to them as "their other kids". I invited Cecil and Carol to this party and they drove all the way from the Atlanta, GA area to be here in western KY as a SURPRISE. They got here about an hour before party time and instead of going to Mike and Gail's, came directly to MY house to surprise them. That was really great!
The guys from my work had brought dry wood for a fire out back and huge propane heaters for the deck. We set the bar up outside but wow, the wind was howling and it was freezing outside, so the only time anybody went out was to get a drink! That was a flop. Of course when people got thirsty, they didn't have many options except to race out to the deck and race back in. That was hilarious.
The vocalist I had was really pretty good! I hadn't heard him before but hired him through a friend who knew a friend, etc. I have NEW friends now, love Sam AND his wife Coco. They're pretty cool.
The house is not in too bad shape altogether and I had time to clean it all up perfectly today but instead took Mom to church this morning and did NOTHING this afternoon. What a great day!
It was wonderful being with all my friends last night and sharing some light-hearted fun. Now tomorrow it will be back to work but I sure have some fun memories to take with me!
Until next time,
Polly

No comments: