Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!

In tribute to my Dad, who died a year ago last month, I will post a few pictures tonight and celebrate this Fathers Day knowing he is in heaven with our heavenly Father. I miss him terribly still, but that initial grief has slowly been replaced with great memories, some not so great and a sense of comfort. This is a picture of Mom, Dad and me taken the summer after I moved to Hopkinsville, so that would have been the summer of 2000.
I just liked this picture of him taken at his kitchen table where he loved to be. I don't know when it was done, but I think before his diagnosis.

Yep, there he is again, at the table. It took Mom a long time to part with that old chair of his.

And of course, this was taken shortly before he died. Mom was so faithful to visit him EVERY day. She will never fully recover from the loss of Dad, but she is here in Hopkinsville now and neither of us are alone. (No, she won't live with me, though). She DID try to live with me when she first came here, but for some unknown reason, she couldn't wait to get out of here :)
I would think I would be a JOY to live with.
Anyway, Happy Fathers Day to all you dads out there. Yes, you will make mistakes along the way, but there's not a "rule book" for dads. Just be there. Be there.

No comments: