Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend Bits and Pieces

Spring is surely here! As I was taking my walk earlier in the week (and yes, I take my camera with me) I thought it interesting? amazing? that I saw this copy of the Ten Commandments stuck in a flower bed right in someone's front yard..... Yay! My yard finally got mowed Friday, I think. I haven't been home one day or one night this entire past week so when I DO get here, I am usually surprised. I didn't even get my mail out of the box 3 or 4 days. If I don't sit down and pay bills I may lose some power, and it won't be due to the weather, either. Oops!
I did make it to a Republican Womans Club meeting one night this past week. The picture above is of Sandy, who is current President of the club. I always enjoy getting together with them and catching up on the "hot topics" in our community politically and also in our country. This time it was our local library and the possibility of a new tax to support it. No comment.

And I just thought this picture of the old fireplace at the funeral home in Crofton is so beautiful. It has a nice mantel, too. I'm sure there's a lot of history and a lot of stories that thing could tell. If only fireplaces could talk.
I am filing my taxes tomorrow and have not begun to gather the necessary paperwork. BUT it is only midnight and I don't have to get up until 6 tomorrow morning, so I have lots of time. HELP....




No comments: