Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Gran Torino Movie Night


After working only 6 hours today, I snuck off at 2:00 this afternoon and drove to Clarksville to see the movie everybody is raving about so much. By myself I did go. Believe it or not, I was the ONLY person in the whole place. LOVED IT! This was probably one of the best movies I have seen in a very long time and I may even go see it again even though I know now how it ends.
I can say very little about the movie itself so as not to give away the ending but to say Clint Eastwood is looking VERY old. There is a LOT of rough language in this movie, so if that bothers you very much, you may not like this. No sex, just lots of language that might make some folks uncomfortable.
That's just about all I can say for fear of ruining it for people so I will move on.
Had Nutrisystem diet oatmeal for breakfast, no lunch and pictured above was dinner for tonight. Doesn't look too bad on the package, but don't let the picture fool you. I am still trying not to gag 2 hours after the fact. Of course, I have lost 13 pounds so far, so I must just like to whine. I'm eating real food on Friday this week. Thinking German.
This is my weekend to work so I will be off tomorrow and have much to do. Mother wants me to take her to the mall and have her nails done. Mine wouldn't hurt, either. I need to go to the dreaded Wal-Mart. I usually go once every 2 or 3 months whether I need to or not, lol.
Then Mom has a Doctor's appointment at 2:00 p.m. and if I make it through all that, I will need to come home and work on laundry and February bills.
My best friend Gwen is coming over tomorrow night so we can finally exchange Christmas gifts. We have just been so busy with life that we save us till last. It would be nice to have all the tell-tale signs of Christmas out of the house. Of course, the garage looks like a piled-up Christmas wonderland of some sort, but hey, the car still fits.
Think I will go to bed and read more Sue Grafton. She tires me sometimes, but at least her books are quick reads and I enjoy them occasionally as a diversion from serious reading.
Sleep well!
pf

1 comment:

Unknown said...

omg! I cant believe you snuck off to see Gran Tourino and didnt call me! I'm dying to see it and they arent playing it here!

I also want to go see:
Defiance - Daniel Craig
and
Taken - Liam Neeson!!!!

so if you go see either of those and need a movie buddy --- CALL ME!!!!