Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Shopping for the Storm

Ground Beef Case at Food Lion
Why is it that at the first forecast of poor weather, we folks in Kentucky race out to the gas station and to the grocery for fear of running out of gas or starvation, whichever comes first?
So, it was an atypical day to start with. I was on call and of course, had to get up yesterday and make a removal at 4:00 a.m. so the day was going to be LONG! No problem. I wasn't a crazy lady who races around "stocking up" on things I didn't need anyway. I went back home, had a shower and was back at work by 9:00 a.m.
It WAS a long day with two visitations starting at 4 p.m. and not ending until 8:00.
Banana Display at Food Lion

Now comes the kicker. I'm laughing out loud at all these folks for running to the store when my 79-year old MOTHER calls to give me her "must-have" grocery list.

  1. Milk
  2. Bread
  3. Bananas
  4. Small Beef Roast
  5. Head of Cabbage

NOW I know why most of those folks are there! They are SENT. I love it.

Will post pictures of our little ice storm later.

Sliding off into the sunset,

pf



No comments: