Friday, January 30, 2009

Ice Storm Updates

Another day has passed with so many folks still out of electricity and water. I do know how blessed I am.

Yesterday was a work day and across the street from the funeral home where I work is an oil and gas distributorship. People were lined up there all day as they had kerosene to sell early in the day, ran out and then posted a sign with the promise of another delivery there at 3:30p.m. It became a madhouse as of course, people were in desperate need of the kerosene to heat their homes. We felt helpless to be of any assistance.

Frank came up with the bright idea to make hot coffee for them, so we set up a little table with all the fixin's and offered everyone coffee. It wasn't much, but at least it made us feel like we were doing our little bit to help.

My mother still has power as it turns out, she is on the same "grid" as our local hospital! Thank God.

My niece Stephanie and her family are still in a hotel in Clarksville, TN and so are safe.They are being "kicked out" of the hotel they are in Saturday and so will be coming to my house. I don't even know how many, but it doesn't really matter.
No one has spoken to my niece Bunny and I pray for their safety. They are in Madisonville with no heat and no water.
My son David and his family have heat but no water in Buffalo, KY. My daughter has neither but is staying at her Aunt's home where they at least have heat.
My brothers live in northern Indiana and southern Illinois and both of them are fine, no ice there.
Where is global warming?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we're fine. We didnt have heat until Friday. Darrin worked it out. The house phones were dead since we had no power, and the cell kept losing signal too, off and on.

Then our power came back on last night around 5. All of Madisonville still is not up though. But atleast walmart, kroger, and a few stores are now open.